Saturday, 4 September 2010

FINAL PROJECT - The Spirit of Vietnam 2010

24 Aug - 4 Sep 2010



The book went away for 1st print on 26 August and this morning resides in Scunthorpe waiting for delivery. The tracking system showed it going to Paris three times so I'm not really sure where it is. Anyone printing a book should allow 12 days on a fast delivery.
The beginning of last week was taken up with the slide show production. It is still being tweaked but I would welcome anyones comments.
The slideshow takes images from the 1st Chapter of the book and is titled 'Remnants of War - Vietnam 2010' It deals with how Vietnam exhibits this period of their history both to the indigenous population and the visitor by covering three aspects of dark tourism: Adulation (Uncle Ho), Participation (Cu Chi Tunnels) and Commemoration (Son My/My Lai).
Sound has been added in the form of personal commentary and background recorded sounds. My voice sometimes has a 'warble' effect when played back and I would welcome comments on this if anyone experiences the same. (We have tested the master voice recording in a sound lab and it is OK) I don't think the BBC will be recruiting me as a David Attenborough replacement!
Ros is kindly working on the title/gallery layout as they have a top heavy location bias.
I have also began printing and selection work on the Exhibition images and am docusing on the dark tourism shots. 7x5 contact images are now stuck to my kitchen wall as I reflect upon the best selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment